A one-day primer on the fundamentals of Contract Law for managers and directors without any formal legal experience
- Singapore | 29 February 2016
Many organisations’ have lots of mid and senior level managers with strong technical backgrounds, signing contracts worth with tens and hundreds of thousand dollars…even more.
However, while they may be technically proficient, are they legally astute enough to understand the liabilities and consequences of the contracts they are signing on behalf of the company?
Over the last five years, this Masterclass has trained hundreds of managers and directors from the some of the smallest to largest of companies in Singapore on the fundamentals of contract law. The Masterclass is unique because of the trainer’s, Lim Ker Sheon, ability to simplify complex legal concepts into practical and meaning insights.
Delegates will learn how to avoid the risk of drafting unenforceable contracts, lower the risk of unforeseen contractual obligations and how to ‘get tough’ when enforcing contracts. They will also have the opportunity to seek the opinion of a highly experienced lawyer on specific issues or challenges they may be currently facing and receive a quick simple solution – without paying for the advice.
The Masterclass provides tips for understanding contractual terms and looks at the traps when drafting contracts – essential knowledge for anyone who signs off on small, medium and large sized contracts.
By attending, delegates can expect to:
- Expert advice legal risks and requirements in drafting a contract
- Essential insights on what is enforceable and what is not
- Practical guide on what must be included in contracts
- Guided steps for avoiding and managing common mistakes
By attending the one-day Contract Law for Non-Lawyers workshop, managers will gain a solid understanding of the contract law and what is required during contract drafting process. At the same time they will gain in-depth insight on do’s and don’ts in signing a well-crafted contract.
Key Learning Objectives
- Grasp the crucial steps involved in drafting a good contract
- Understanding contractual material & key terms
- Avoid the traps and pitfalls in drafting a contract
- Effectively handle and develop legally astute and advantageous contracts
- Achieve effective and workable solutions for all your contracting needs
- Implement strategies to ensure your contracts are plainly expressed and risk-managed
- Protect your interests if things go wrong in the future
- Clearly understand the force of your contractual obligations
Delegates often attend this course when one of their contracts has or is holding them liable to unforeseen consequences and they are trying to triage a situation.
But they’re too late!
Legal advice and litigation is expensive, and of limited applicability when a problem occurs.
The cost-benefit ratio for this course is: one day out of the office + a small fee can mean the difference between the enforceability of an unforeseen term in one of your contracts worth hundreds of thousands of dollars…or not.
By attending our one-day Contract Law Fundamentals Masterclass, delegates will gain a solid understanding of the contract law and what is required during contract drafting process. At the same time they will gain in-depth insight on do’s and don’ts in signing a well-crafted contract.